Questions I had when I first became a Christian?

Just over 4 years ago I made the decision to become a Christian. 

Although I can say it was the best decision. I've ever made in my life. I can out of all honesty say it haven't been an easy path.

Disclaimer: This is my own personal philosophy on God. I'm just a mere human being, and who am I to even try to comprehend the superior vastness of him. (Ps I hate long complicated words but I don't know how else I can describe him.)

So here are some common questions that I had weighing on my heart as a new Christian, even though I still am a new Christian haha...

Now that I'm a Christain, shouldn't my life be easier?
Life is hard. Harder than we think. I can't help but when think about that my heart sinks a little and even is as I'm writing this. I think that as kids, in general we believe that, life is a fairytale We get this idea in which we think that our live should be perfect. 

I think as we grow in our faith we realise that sometimes the only way to true healing from the many struggles and hurts in our lives is, to in fact face these things head on. But take comfort in the fact that, you are not facing these things alone.

It is implanted in our hearts that we should live a care free life. I believe this way of thinking came from all the way back in the garden. Back before Eve's little whoopsie. Who can blame her I bet that fruit looked good!! She's only human remember. We all have given into temptation before.

Which leads me to my second point. 
Why do bad things happen to us? Or was it Gods plan for this hurt me like this? 

In my opinion no. I do not believe that he would or could hurt us. Then you're proberly wondering. Why is life so painful?

We all live in a broken world. Sin entered through man. If God loves us then why would he have let us even make the choice to be able to sin. God loves us so much that he wants us to choose him. He doesn't want to control us. 

He gives us free will. Which is a very beautiful but dangerous thing. I believe He made us and he wants us to enjoy him and life to the fullest. I believe that a lot of the pain we face in life (not all of it) but a big amount of it is due to the fact that others have hurt us. 

We have the capacity to hurt people, and have all been hurt I believe. But as painful as that is, it gives us the grace to, not only deal with others but to forgive others. But also the grace to forgive yourself.

What's Gods plan in my life? 
This is a hard one. I personality believe that God had an exact plan in mind for us. But as sin entered the world that plan could never quite come to fire. I feel that if. We were like Jesus, and without sin we would all totally live his plan and as humans we would totally thrive and be without sin. But since sin entered the world. 

Us humans are sinful, therefore meaning that it's impossible fully listen to him all the time. I totally believe he is a God of grace, and he gives us many chances and he wants the best for you and me. Sometimes that can involve learning the same thing,
over and over again. 

Although this is tough it's Our character is way more important than our destination in the end. 

I love the mysteries of God and his heart.
I am starting to accept the fact that I don't know everything being content in that. These are a few questions that I have had weighing on my heart, for quite some time. I hope you enjoyed reading this God bless!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First YWAM update

The Power Of Your Words

Learning lots and letting go...