The Power Of Your Words

Proverbs 18:21 (NIV) The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit
Hey I want to encourage you with this verse. It popped up in my head after last night at C3 we had a visiting pastor pray for me. As he was praying he said to me that he can tell that I have been hurt in the past and that people have said some negative things so me. but I need to try to let go of that and listen to God and be who he made me to be. And not care what... others think of me.

It was crazy he saw that without me discussing anything about that to him!!! I find it cool how God speaks to us through people. It also made me come to the realization that I need to watch what I say a little more

Proverbs 18:8 The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to the inmost parts.

It really hurts and cuts down deep when someone has something negative about you.
Especially when its behind your back.

It made me come to the conclusion that I really need to watch what I say. One little comment (even if its not intended to be bad) can strike someone down. I really want to make an effort to use my words wisely, and to bring encouragement and joy to people.

Ephesians 4:29 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
Don’t say anything that would hurt another person. Instead, speak only what is good so that you can give help wherever it is needed. That way, what you say will help those who hear you.

On the end note I want to encourage you all to be who God has called you to be and not dull your light because of what others say. Focus on the people that build you up
and encourage you, not the ones who bring you down. Don't try to search for their approval. Because you have Gods and that's more than enough. and It only sends you into more hurt when you chase those who only bring you down which is never fun!! Sometimes people see that light in you and don't like it. But never dull your light let it shine!!! And respond to anger and hate with love!! Be who he called you to be and never try to be anyone else. Cause your amazing Just the way you are (Hope you liked my Bruno Mars Reference.) ;)

peace out love you guys heaps :) xxxx

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First YWAM update

Learning lots and letting go...