Growing Pains

Last year I went through a really hard time in my life. I was always the happy girl who looked like she had it all together. Then I ended up coming down with depression which was really hard for me. Through that I grew so much closer to god and I got to know him and really grasp onto how much he loves me and he was there with me through everything. I saw his light shine brighter than I ever had before . So I'm going to break it down and tell you guys 5 things I learned and how I grew from this experience.


1 Gods plan and purpose prevails
Proverbs 19:21 21 We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purpose prevails.
Although its sometimes hard to understand his will is perfect and is plans are so much better than ours. I really had in my head my own desires and I put them above his. But to be honest a lot of the things we plan in our heads and things that we want to happen are only hurting us and not helping us. We always tend to plan out things but then get upset when they don't work out. God sometimes wont let things workout that we want to happen cause he knows they might hurt us. Psalm 34:10 says those who seek the lord will not lack any good thing. Things that you might think are good may not be, and may hurt you in the long run. God knows what your going through and your situation if you trust him and his timing he will give you the desires of your heart. If its going to hurt you he wont let it happen. I really learned to trust his plan, and that it is better than our own.

2 Gods is always there through everything, and through him, no matter what the circumstance you can get peace and hope from him

Through the darkest of nights and days where I didn't think I could make It. I saw gods light shine the brightest. 2 Corinthians1:3 Praise to be the God and father of compassion and God of all our comfort. Through my depression my faith got to a whole new level and I learned to lean on God and he truly gave me his peace and comforted me, he got me through everything. His word and listening to worship music gave me strength. If didn't go through that I wouldn't be able to rely on him and trust him and his strength and find joy in him. when it seemed like everything else was falling apart. He was so close and always there for me, he never failed me I learned to trust him and he really build up my faith.
Isaiah 40:29 He giver power to the week and strength to the powerless.

3 He helped me humble me and let me break down in front of others

Too many of us have our happy church faces. It can be dangerous, we need to be open and honest with ourselves and others and be humble enough to ask for help. Not only can this help you but you can also appear more approachable. And be able to connect deeper with others and shine his light to others, help build them up and speak truth in their lives. By breaking down and being vulnerable I learned not to fake things and when to ask for support. As a bonus I got some amazing advise wisdom from people that I never would have got otherwise.


4 He changed my heart and given me new desires

Rather than living for myself and to please others. God put his desires in my heart and helped me find joy in giving and encouraging and building up others. 2 Corinthians 5:17         
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. God helped me find joy in doing good and living out his will rather than mine. By living out all my desires and plans my head would have had no room left for thinking of gods will. Without been broken down and humbled I never would have relized that. Something that gave me great joy through this hard time was blessing others and giving out to others.

5 He helped me Develop a deeper level of faith

When I felt down I leaned on god and trusted his word. He strengthened me and helped me develop my faith and trust for him. And planted eternity in my heart, He gave me the hope that one day it will all be over and that he is above all of these things. No matter what happens you can hold onto him. Life on earth can be hard sometimes but if you press on and wait for him the reward is far greater.
Corinthians 2:17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

Hoped this helped God is so faithful and even through life can be hard. God works out all things for good. God strengthens us and heals us throughout out trials and when you get out the other end you can see his glory and how far he has taken you. He is faithful and always comes through and wont let you be tested beyond what you are capable. All things work out for good for those that have been called according to his purpose. I would not be who I am in him or as strong in my faith if it wasn't for that 3 months of depression I went through last year. God had strengthened me and changed the desires of my heart. He has taught me to lean on him, and trust him no matter what. I learned that his thoughts and ways are above mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoPWqi0W2DA

Forsaking
All
I
Trust     
Him                         






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First YWAM update

The Power Of Your Words

Learning lots and letting go...