First YWAM update

Hello to my beautiful friends and family.

I have been at the YWAM Zion base for almost 2 weeks now.  The base is 2 hours north of Auckland just out of a little town called Paparoa. The base is down a long gravel road, within the rolling hillside and beautiful landscape is where the Zion base stands.

When I first arrived I was in awe of the peace that surrounded and was in this beautiful place. We were showed around the place and I felt such a presence of peace, expiacally in their prayer room. The Zion base is home to a 24 hour prayer room, in which we can choose a time in the day or night to go in and pray. It is such a peaceful place, and it is amazing to spend that time with the Lord. As soon as I stepped into the lecture room we received a warm welcome from the staff, they performed a worship song in Maori, followed by a welcoming tradition of a Hongi. Which is a Maori Traditional greeting, where two people touch noses against each others. This metaphorcilly represents Gods breath of life, when two people exchange breath at the Hongi.

The warm welcome we received from the staff was so lovely. It settled my nerves due to the fact thatI was terrified of going and was second guessing my decision to go. As soon as I arrived and meet all the students. I quickly learned that I wasn't alone. And I was soon too distracted in the fun of meeting everyone and hanging out with all my new friends, who I would be spending the next five months with.

We had a little time to settle in and went to the beach, some of us were a little too ambitious and ran ahead of the crowd and swam right out before approaching the staff, we ended up swimming too far out and getting caught in a rip-tide. I realised how far I was and saw some of the others out even further. I then heard a yell of one of the staff members telling us to swim back. I then realised I wasn't really getting anywhere and I was exhausted. I ended up having to get rescued by one of the other students. Then after my feet could finally touch the ground I was washed into the rocks and my legs got a little grazed up. Lesson learned. Swim between the flags, even though I didn't even see any. I was so egar to get out into the sea. Its not the same as the lake though. The next time I went I was a lit more careful!!

Our lectures started last Wednesday.  One of the staff members Rachel took the lectures, they were on hearing the voice of God. Which was amazing, I defiantly learned how to discern and filter out his voice and how to hear it more clearly.

This week has been on the Character and nature of God. In this we had a speaker called Paul Chambers. He was very encouraging. He reminded us of Gods truths and how much he desires intimacy with us, along with his kindness and forgiveness. This makes it so much easier to approach him and see his heart for us. We have had a lot of ministry and we have also spend time building each other up. I feel really loved and encouraged here which is amazing. When I meet the staff and students, I felt like I had already known them for ages.

We also have to read Loren Cunningham's  "Is That Really You God" book as part of the course.  This has really encouraged me to be bold and step out for the Lord. I really feel called to go somewhere 3rd world and that is really struggling for my outreach. I was super scared about outreach and wanted to stay in NZ or just go to Australia, but I feel like I want to dive in and go somewhere else. Even if it sounds scary God will provide me with everything I need.

I am in need of a total of $1600 for my DTS funds and approx 3500-5000 depending on my location for outreach.

Here is a link for my giving page if you are interested in helping support me financially

https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/helpmelissajonesywam

Please continue to keep me in your prayers

God bless and love
Melissa xx



Comments

  1. Please copy and paste the give a little link and it will work :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/helpmelissajonesywam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Power Of Your Words

Learning lots and letting go...