New Direction in my blog ethics, environmentalism and injustice, and supporting change

New Direction in my blog ethics, environmentalism and injustice, and supporting change

Hey friends, firstly, I wanted to change up the style of this blog and add some new aspects to it. I want to live out my faith with passion as I want to be a good steward of this environment as well as loving the people around me well. Part of this, I believe, is also taking responsibility in what I buy and to make sure that the people behind the scenes are treated as humans, fairly with dignity and respect. Along with stewarding this planet well by taking care of the environment that God has given us. With that, I will also be posting more on ethics in fashion, consumerism and the environment. I particularly have a passion for the poor, women and children in developing countries. After visiting Africa and Vietnam my heart broke even more for the injustices that go on in the developing world such as slave labour and child labour, trafficking, discrimination, period poverty and environmental issues and many more. These issues also go on in the developed world, however, they are much more prevalent in the developing world. Each of these worlds has immerse consequences. The decisions that we make in our everyday lives can vastly impact peoples lives, their well being, emotional and spiritual health. 

 In along with the posts like I have done in the past on my faith. I believe this wraps up Living in faith
so well as Living in Faith means loving others and living a life that shows that. I want to blog on living
intentionally and being mindful of what I do and how I live. I want to move forward and make to help
changes and support people who already are. As I am on this journey, a journey to help cultivate
change in the world around me, a mission to get closer to God and to love others and myself better.
I believe that this sums up what living in faith is truly about.

The Slow Movement
As I was talking about decisions previously, our decisions are vital. Lately, I have been thinking more
about my decisions particularly with what I buy. I don’t want to buy clothing and products to support
brands that treat workers badly and leaves people suffering on the other side. And brands that
contribute negatively to the environment. I don’t want to buy a lot of convenience foods and products
with plastics that build up in the landfills and stay there for thousands of years! A lot of decisions we
make on a whim. I am aiming to live intentionally and to make choices that honour and respect
people and the world around me. I want to embrace the Slow movement In this fast-paced world.
The definition' Slow Fashion' according to Wikipedia is an alternative to fast fashion and part of what
has been called the 'slow movement', advocates for principles similar to the principles of slow food,
such as good quality, clean environment and fairness for both consumers and producers. Not only do
I want to embrace slow fashion; I also want to embrace the 'Slow Movement' altogether - meaning that
I want to slow down the pace of my entire life and focus on the things and the people that
really matter! Doing this, we can make this world a better place. 

Exciting new blog content
In this blog, I want to share ways that I have changed my lifestyle in help of the planet and in efforts to
help the world around me. I want to share with you changes I have made in my life for the planet and
for justice. I also want to highlight brands and people that inspire me who are making these changes.
In their faith, their values and things that they are doing to help people, the world and give hope and
justice. I don't have all the answers, and I have not started anything amazing or solved any of the
world's problems. But I do have a passion for the environment, peace and for justice, I want to
interrogate this in every area of my life. Embracing my faith and I want you to come along with me
in this journey. I am on a journey of slowing down, striving less, loving more, waling in truth and
justice and resting in God.

 I want to say a quick disclaimer for this blog, partially when embracing the slow movement, and
that is that. We all start somewhere, and every little step counts, recently, I went to an
environmental expo. The lady, Kate, encouraged us with a story about her using one cloth nanny
per day. All her friends laughed at her using one cloth nappy per day and using the rest
disposable. But she told them that she was saving 365 disposable nappies from entering the
landfill per year, that's huge! I want to encourage you guys if you're going to start something
whether it is sustaining the planet, helping others or even achieving your personal goals don't
discount the small steps that you make towards this. Maybe you want to shop more ethically
but don’t know where to start. You could make it a goal to start shopping second hand or
invest in a few more pieces that are ethically made. 

I have been making small steps towards helping reduce my waste over the last few years, and it has
been a process. I had to start small; otherwise, it would seem too overwhelming, to begin with
altogether. I feel that this is the reason why so many of us fail to think that we can make a difference.
But small steps lead to significant steps, and significant steps lead to a big change! I hope that you
have enjoyed this post. I plan to continue more in this direction. Please let me know what you think
and share ways you have helped the planet, people or even grown in your faith.
Blessings,

Melissa xx

Shampoo and conditioner in a tin locally sourced from Pure Peony Nelson, NZ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First YWAM update

The Power Of Your Words

Learning lots and letting go...