Feeling like your not good enough? Read this....

Have you ever felt like you don't measure up? I know I have and its so hard not to fall into the trap of finding our worth in other people. lets be honest its hard and not worth it.

I feel that God has been speaking to me about this for a little while now. So I thought I'd share it with you guys. To be honest its still a bit of struggle for me today. We need to find our worth in him and him alone. God loves unconditionally, so it doesn't matter how much we get noticed  Getting noticed doesn't increase your value it just feeds your insecurity.

Okay this sounds a little crazy but Imagine if you stayed at home all day and didn't have to see anyone on a day to day basis. Although I know this sounds unrealistic and not many of us could do that. How long would you then sit in fount of the mirror for? How long would it take you to get ready? how many times would you change your outfit? Its a crazy concept that I've been think about lately, and it goes back to my post about body image. Because If I didn't care what others thought of me, and tried to seek their approval. I don't think it would have even been a problem.


So I hope this takes all the pressure off all of you. You don't need to find approval in others. God is proud of you no matter what and he looks at your heart. Not at how well your doing in this world, or how many people like you. 1 Samuel 17 says The LORD doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." The way people perceive us is a lot different to the way god see us. For example outwardly we could be looking perfect and like you have it together and on the inside you could be a total mess. You cant base your worth on what others think of you. And to be honest you just cant impress everyone and that's a battle we don't need to fight. Ephesians 6:7 (NLT) Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.

To be honest in this world I don't think anyone believes that they measure up, or that their good enough, or that they fit in all of the time. There's always someone who we think is better, smarter, prettier or skinnier than us. You cant win (no one can) so don't get caught up in this self esteem nightmare. But what if we didn't fight for that approval for others? what if we knew our value in him and him alone, and did not what we do in this world for peoples approval but for him. To be honest if we really thought like this. I think we would find life a lot easier. I think the pressure really comes off then Colossians 3:23 (NIV) Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, If we do things for god and surrender to him and trust him. It takes off the pressure of this world and constantly trying to measure up.

I encourage you to seek him and find your worth and value in him. Live your daily life for him, give up your fight for approval and know that your worthy in him. Lets live for him and not for what other people think. And regardless what the world says. or how you think your doing you are so worthy in him and you are perfect in his eyes. Instead of focusing on how you look or how you think you are doing trust God and know that your good enough in him.

Photo: Young Keepers of the Home


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First YWAM update

The Power Of Your Words

Learning lots and letting go...