Trusting and Praising God When Things Don't Go As Planned

Today was a hard day for me today. Firstly I went in for my driving test for the 2nd time and unfortunately failed again. It was on a tricky corner which I couldn't see on and I had a car pull out in front of me. Also I had my teacher say that I had to skip more skiing to catch up with school. Along with various other things stacking up I can safely say that life had been quite stressful lately...

Going through times like these its sooo important to stick to God and trust him. His word says..

John 16:33
New International Version (NIV)
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Despite my circumstance's God has given me amazing peace during this time. The bible talks about Gods peace a lot but its hard to hold onto that concept when things are going right.

John 14:27 (AKJV)
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Meaning that we can have this peace despite our circumstances. His peace is different to a worldly peace that you get when things go well. His peace come in all circumstances Its amazing how much peace you can feel when outwardly things are messy. This is only achieved through him and him alone.

I also believe that god sometimes lets us go through things to see his great love for us. and for him to let us lean on him and find his comfort and trust. We defiantly grow in times like these and really hang onto him. I really like this verse in 2 Corinthians its really powerful to know that God is really working in you in these hard times.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.


Also another thing a learned is about attitude and about praising god even when things don't go as planned. Having a good attitude
and praising god when things go wrong is so important. It is important not to get into the trap of doubting and getting angry when things don't go well. But its important to stand firm in God and trust him and praise him. Its hard to swallow but we live in a fallen world and things don't always turn out well. And lets face life is hard sometimes even though it doesn't seem like it now. Pressing to God in the long run and even now is more rewarding. So don't give up on this hope. I really like Psalm 40 It
explains that sometimes we get well slimed, things happen that are neither fun nor your fault. This verse reminds you that God rescues people put of these situations. 


Psalm 40 (NIV)
 I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
    and put their trust in him.



Its such an awesome verse to read and a good example of praising and trusting God during mucky times. He hears your cry and knows your pain. He can lift you out of all the muck!!
Right now it might be hard but lets not be weary in doing good. For at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

So I hope this encouraged you don't give up. I also strongly encourage you to keep reading your bible and I find psalms particularly helpful during times, and pretty relatable... I will finish off with a verse
from Psalm 31.
Psalm 31:24 (NJVV)
Be of good courage, And he will strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First YWAM update

The Power Of Your Words

Learning lots and letting go...