Continiumm Confernce Part 2 (Following Not Striving)

Coming up to part 2 I am going to talk about the benefits of resting in Jesus and about giving up your struggle and fight for the faith that has already BEEN paid for!!

I learned the value of resting in him and really being reminded of my salvation and of Why he saved me. Our salvation is not earned, it is givin to us he paid the price for all of us. Romans 3:24 (NIV) and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Meaning that we are all accepted and made righteous in the sight of God. For a while I have been struggling and trying to earn my salvation and trying to do things to make it look like I was being a better Christian. It was exhausting and wearing me out.

I soon came to the realization that I already am accepted and that I don't need to strive for my faith anymore. And that I don't need to try to wear myself out to try to impress him, and that I can enter into his rest. This verse really helped me Hebrews 4:11 (NIV)
Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

Coming out of this conference I have felt this amazing sense of peace. Knowing that I am already accepted and nothing I do is going to make me better in his eyes. And that I can relax.something that really also helped me was something a friend of mine told me. She said that God is like a friend and you wouldn't hang out with a friend or do favors for them because you feel obligated to. Its the same with God he loves you and wants spending time with you to be a blessing and not to be a burden. So I've stopped reading numerous pages in the bible because I felt like I had to. And looking at that and praying as a chore that I have to do. Now I'm not saying don't pray or read your bible at all. But I'm
saying when you do. Don't do it out of obligation and thinking that more is better. Listen to God and spend time with him because you want to. Not because you have to!!

Instead of forcing myself to read a massive part of the bible daily. I have been picking a few verses and mediating on them and slowly reading though and really absorbing and soaking up his word. I have found with that and spending time with him because I love him and not by obligation but by choice. That I have been a lot closer to him in fact. I have really been able to slow down and dwell in his unfailing love and rest. I feel also that he is reveling more to me in his word.

Funny that I had a lady who didn't know me pray for me at the conference (laughing) the first thing she said was that I "needed to stop struggling!!" I was a little startled that she said that, and although I didn't want to hear that at the time. It really helped me. She prayed for me and she also said to make God the desire of my heart that god me straight and that I really need to start believing what God has in store. And to stop doubting and believe what he is capable of doing. This really struck me and its amazing how God can use people to speak through to you. This has happened to me a lot lately which is awesome.

So I have really learned to let go and let god and know that he is wayyy above me and that he does havegood planned but its not by my works. But by making him the desire of my heart and following him not out of obligation, but out of love. and loving him for who he is!! Psalm 37:27  (NIV) "take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

God is sooo god and I have learned sooo much through this conference I highly recommend it and I think it will continue to impact me on years to come. This is just the beginning!! I really have trusted him a lot more and he as reveled to me that he is ever so powerful and loving. He is cares about all things. Big and small!! And is still able to do miracle's in people no matter who you are. All you need to do is believe.

Hope this encouraged you all hope you have a blessed night or day wherever you are and remember not to strive for what you already have been given!! xxxx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First YWAM update

The Power Of Your Words

Learning lots and letting go...