Trusting God In Life, sports and all things....

Isn't it hard when everyone around you seems to be doing really well and you seem to be stuck in the same place? I remember feeling like this and still do in life a lot of the time. I ski and live for God and his glory so doesn't that mean I should always be doing well?

Look at everyone else their not injured and look at how well their doing. Was what I was thinking when, I came to America last November. Feeling great after a really good season in NZ before that, and hungry for success. I also wanted to prove and show off how much I had improved and how well I was doing. I was expectant of God to do what he did in New Zealand and make me make rapid improvements. I trusted got then, so I thought the same would happen when I got to America.

In New Zealand I decided that God gifted me with my gift in skiing, and to give it to him. He really blessed me and came through in my skiing. I am still blown away by what happened that season. I saw his power and light like never before. I started off humble. But then my pride set in. And I came expectant instead of content.

But to be honest if that happened I would have not have had God refine me as much as he did. So about a week into my trip I tore my MCL. I expected God to heal me completely and get me back into skiing well right away. I had it all planned out in my little head. Turned out my first races didn't go near as well as planned. I got bitter and angry and I wandered why God would let this happen.

After my month long experience in the US.  I popped on the plane to Japan. I cant lie I was pretty pumped. I had friends get really good results there last time and heard the race points were amazing there. I had it all planned that I was going to go there and get really low points and I even imagined myself getting those I wanted. I ended up doing the first race relatively happy with my skiing until I got back and looked at my results. I ended up been so hurt and frustrated. I didn't know why this happened. How could this have happened my plan was ruined.


Proverbs 19:21 says Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. God wanted me to experience failure and how to cope with it he knew that by doing well I would have never learned that I needed a serious attitude makeover. If I went away with success there I would have never learned that which was a vital skill. Not only in my growth in god but in life and my skiing. Even though I thought Japan pretty much sucked because of my negative silly little attitude I learned a whole lot and I learned that gods plan is better.

Though hard times you always see the light at the end of the tunnel. His plan always prevails and his work is the best. I went to Switzerland and there I learned so much about God. I felt so refreshed by his presence. The Mountains and scenery were amazing and you could just see his glory.

I came into my first race at Chamonix, France, instead of expecting to do well and getting all caught up in it. I decided to enjoy the moment, enjoy his peace and his presence and step back and trust him. I had a great time despite not doing that well!! I meet some amazing people, caught up with old friends and had a blast. I decided to focus on being a light and living in his joy and presence and casting his light upon others. I also learned the most valuable lesson and I can say that I praised god even though I didn't do as well as I wanted to. It took a long time but I got there haha. Watching Chasing The giants definitely was a help. I put it into practice to praise god no matter what!! Philippians 4:12 (NIV)
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Its a hard thing to grasp onto but. The ones who have it all will never learn that.

The next races I went to in fact instead of praying to god to do well I prayed for his will and to shine his light upon others. To my surprise god really blessed my skiing that day. Although I still had my ups and downs throughout that season God really showed me his peace and that he cares and even if I don't do well it doesn't matter. I know that my life is in his hands and that I am worth so much more than my skiing. Now I know that my skiing's not sorely based on my performance, but on reaching out to other people for God and touching other hearts. My prayers go out for all those people who put their worth and value on their skiing. I know how that feels I hope and pray that god will put into their hearts what he has put into mine.

moving on to the end of the season. I fully trusted god in my last races and to my surprise I did some of the best skiing that I had ever done in my life. I was so joyful and thankful I remember been on the chair lift having a special moment with god and having gratitude and thanking him for all the work he had done in me.

Now know I'm going to have my ups and downs and I accept it, but I know God has my back and I know when I trust him like then he will bless me when he chooses to. If the whole season went well I wouldn't have been near as thankful after those last races.

So when it seems like all the people around us who don't believe in Christ have it so much easier than us. Although it may seem hard God encourages us to all hang in there. Because his reward is far better and his word says in 2 Corinthians 4:18 (NIV)

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. Keep waiting on god he is faithful, even though things might seem hard now God always comes through at the right time. Its far better living out his plan and in his way even though it may seem hard he is working in our hearts day by day. His reward is far greater than any on earth and his promise prevails.


Psalm 37:7 (NIV Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways. Its hard sometimes not to look at non Christians in the world succeeding and seeing them cruising through life with no difficulty. When we seem to be suffering. At the start of Psalm 73 Asapth said For I envied the arrogant When I saw the prosperity of the wicked. Meaning he was envious of the wicked, and was wondering if it was worth it seeing the nearsighted pleasure of sin he almost couldn't see its far off long term consequences. But a look through time reveled the whole picture.
Psalm 73:27-28 (NIV Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

I hope this spoke to you all Keep trusting in god, it might be hard now but its all going to be worth it one day. His word says our momentary troubles are achieving us for eternal glory that far outweighs them all!!!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First YWAM update

The Power Of Your Words

Learning lots and letting go...