Grace

What does Grace mean? I'm sure most of us all know what it means but how do we accept it?

To be honest this has been a big problem for me for a long time and properly one for a lot of you as well.  In this world where everyone tells us we have to succeed and work hard at everything we do and for everything we get no wonder its so hard for us to understand the concept of grace. Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift Of God. Meaning unlike most things in this world we don't need to earn grace it is freely given, we are made righteous through Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5:21
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.


It is a gift that is freely given and it is there for us when we slip up. As humans we still have flesh and worldly desires and silly thoughts that bombard our heads from time to time. I am not saying at all that we should give in to these temptations. But we should not feel guilty if we ever slip up. We need to accept and receive grace because Jesus died for our sin.

A little while ago I was struggling a bit on my Christian walk. I was striving for perfection and every little wrong thought, or moment that I didn't think about god, and if I did anything I thought was wrong I would judge myself. I would also compare myself with other Christians. And I would get anxious if someone appeared more on fire for god than me, or if I was spending time with god or listening to worship, and I didn't feel the holy spirit.  I would feel think there was something wrong, and if I didn't feel on fire for god all the time I'd feel like I wasn't doing well enough.

I think what we need to understand is that we need to not rely on our emotions, and how we feel were doing. Our emotions can sometimes hinder us from believing gods truth.
Our emotions are crazy and make us think all kinds of stuff. However gods word always remains the same. If you are feeling confused seek gods truth and don't let your feelings overtake you.

Another thing I have learned is we all have seasons in our walk and in our darkest moment's when we need god the most he is the closest. Sometimes have seasons where we don't feel like much is happening, when god doesn't feel as close and the first thing we do is ask ourselves why. I found that sometimes we go through these seasons to test our faith see if we can still remain close to him and its important to learn to trust in him when things are quite too.

I want you to all understand too that GOD LOVES US regardless of how we are performing. Sometimes we wonder if we are doing enough to be worthy of his love. This is a complete lie..... Nothing and no one can reverse gods love for us. NO matter what we do, our human abilities to assess how were doing are flawed in Isaiah 55:8 My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine  we are limited to our thoughts and feelings to judge how were doing by that. by doing that we can get a flawed perception on God and how he feels about us, based on our emotions and not on the truth. I challenge you all to Bring your performance anxiety to him and focus on him and accept his grace. Because the blood of Jesus we have been redeemed. Ephesian's 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace. Galatian's 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First YWAM update

The Power Of Your Words

Learning lots and letting go...